Hawk Measurement ALARM-ID: Tank overfill and underfill protection system.
Principle of Operation:
The Alarm-ID™ is a tank overfill and underfill protection system. This PST patented technology provides an alarm point when the identified liquid passes the sensor level either up or down. A series of Alarm-ID™ Units can be installed at key levels on the outside of tanks. The tank contents and even vacancy can be detected and alerts are activated in real-time 24/7. This unique patented technologies greatest advantage is it is non contact, non intrusive installation, means that the sensor can simply, and easily mounted to the outside of tank. The value of this capability is high due to the reduction in installation time and costs vs other technologies which must be in contact (intrusive) with the process liquid or gas. Products which require intrusive installation also cost downtime for installation and this is not always very easy to schedule downtime for large equipment, vessels, tanks, or pipelines when they are used for daily operations which are revenue generating. Secondly, this requires all components of an intrusive sensor to be chemically compatible with the process liquid or gas. It further creates potential leak points which in turn create environmental concerns.
HAWK is the Global Sales Partner for Perceptive Sensors Technology (PST). Patented by Perceptive Sensor Technologies (PST), these real-time fluid identification sensors have a very unique capability not found in any other sensors available on the market today. Identifying liquids and potentially gases (future) inside a closed container, pipe, or vessel without coming in contact (non-intrusively) with the liquid or gas. HAWK is the Global Sales Partner for Perceptive Sensor Technologies.
Primary Areas of Application:
- Edible oil
- Food & Beverage
- Oil & Gas
- Power Generation
- Water & Wastewater
- Non-intrusive design, installed ont he outside of the tank
- Quick installation, Fastening Methods: Epoxy, Bolt, Weld, Magnet (typically less than 30 minutes)
- Power: Internal Battery, Battery with Solar Backup, Hardwired DC Power 5V, Power Over Ethernet (PoE)
- Wireless communications available per the new API 2350 specification
- Bluetooth, WiFi and LoRa communication options
- Compliant with New API 2350 specification for independent alarm overflow protection
- Intrinsically safe design
- Separate power and communications from the primary level sensing system